Star Rating on STDFriends.com
- Chance of Getting Decent Dates:
- Dating Features & Settings:
- Value for Money:
- Safety & Privacy Protection:
- Customer Service & Support:
Many people assume STDFriends.com is a valuable dating site for singles living with herpes. They are just half right. Just like MPWH.com, STDFriends.com also calls itself as the #1. STD dating site and support group for people living with herpes, HPV, HIV and AIDS. By a curious twist of fate, why are there so many dating sites call themselves as the No.1 or #1 ? Our advice is that don’t be fooled by just few words and don’t just rely on first impressions. They are holding up themselves as the best one just in purpose to get more to register in their websites. Plainly, you do need to read the objective reviews on them and reaches a decision. We rank this website as our #7 herpes dating site since it has a well designed interface and it is involved into the STD dating field for over 10 years.
Best Dating Features:
- The registration is quite simple and does not cost too long time. Just like most dating sites, new comers just need to fill with some of the personal information to become a standard member over there. What deserves to be mentioned is that it is mandatory to tell your STD type and enter with the verification character to finish the registration. We assume it is just to stop robots from registration by using these setting.
- This website provides 3 types of searches for its members. With the simple search, you can search people by gender, STD type, age and locations. By using advanced search, you can add more to the list of your search criteria. ( Ethnicity, Height, Eye Color, Hair color, body type, religion, education, drink status, have children or not). If you remember the username of your favorites, you can also use the quick search. The setting of the search of STDFriends.com is quite simple and it is enough to use in our opinion.
- Everyone can add ‘online only’ to your search at STDFriends.com . We think this is a user-friendly and useful setting though we got empty results every time.
- At the profile gallery page, you can sort them by ‘latest activity’ and ‘registration date’. And, STDFriends.com tells you extent to meet the requirements of you next to each profile at the search result pages. One problem our editor find with this feature is that nearly 95% of the profiles displayed at the search result pages are at 90% or more that matches his requirements. That’s a little impossible.
- STD articles. There, you will find many articles related to STD testing, STD care and STD cure. There are also some useful article related to how to date someone with herpes or how to start dating with herpes again… It’s an extra service without any cost provided by STDFriends.com.
- Blogs. STDFriends.com has an open blog platform for its members. Unfortunately, our access was denies every time. Not sure if this feature is under construction or not.
Cost & Price:
- 1 month for $19.95
- 3 months for $34.95
- 12 months for 79.95
Safety & Privacy Protection:
STDFriends.com collects personal information and non personal information of users who interact with the website. Your personal information and non personal information for personalizing users’ experience and sending periodic emails. The personal information may include your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number etc. And, the non personal information may include your browser name, type of computer, your operation system etc. The website adopts appropriate information collection. It does never trade, rent or sell your personal information or non personal information to any others. But it may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with its business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. This website has check on each new profile and each new update to profiles. On the side of protecting safety & privacy, this site is reliable.
Customer Service & Support:
Our editor registered an account with STDFriends.com. It did not get approved after we waited for around 2 days. Without an approved profile, we can do nothing at STDFriends.com including becoming its paying member. We also wrote to its admin in hope that the profile can be dealt sooner. Unfortunately, we failed to get an reasonable reply in 24 hours. Finally, we give up contacting them and leave it alone. Really a bad customer service team.
What’s Bad with STDFriends.com ?
- Very few members at the site. Very difficult to find a decent date. It always returns you with empty result for any of your search. If you didn’t see someone whom you are interested in at this website, we don’t recommend you to join this site.
- Inner pages are not in order. We see links on links from time to time. Don’t be fooled by its beautiful interface.
- Very inefficient customer service team. Very hard to get an reply and the waiting time is too long for your new profile to be approved.
- We would say at least 30% of its features does not work. Blogs, searches and chat sections always give you empty result.
We assume STDFriends.com is not a responsible player in the herpes dating field. It is not so effective as it describes itself at the homepage. With a roughly designed website and web features, it gives us bad reputation and user experience. So our suggestion is : don’t be fooled by its beautiful interface and the exciting languages. Try the established players like Positive Singles instead of this one unless you really found someone at the website.